Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Contour camera mounting options

Front view
In action
Mount details
Slider loction
Contour camera mounting option, originally uploaded by Speedy Chung.
I have received a lot of questions recently regarding the Contour camera mounting options and locations, and what kind of hardware I use. Instead of answer it one by one, I think it should be a stand-alone post so it's easier for future reference...

The Sport 1000 has tons of possible mount locations. I could of just mount it directly on the trellis frame; but I really don't want to risk damaging the frame. That's why I picked these two locations: over handle bar and on the frame slider post. I use the standard RAM Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base w/1" Ball. It came with 2 U-shaped bracket, and I just pick whatever fit best. I also use the half round plastic filler piece (included) to increase traction, As you can see, the mounting locations that I picked were pretty un-noticable until I put on the mounting arm and camera. BTW, the mount on the handle bar is actually mounted on the master cylinder - basically I'm running out of room on the clip-ons. Also, I mounted them on the left side (facing front) only for easier control on-the-fly. So far both locations work really well!

If you STILL have question, just send me a e-mail ; )

No comments: