Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brammo electric bike - is it for you?


Brammo electric bike, originally uploaded by achung_123.

Spotted this brand new Brammo while I was taking my coffee break at work in SF downtown. I am not surprise it gains popularity in greener city like SF - especially with a price tag of $8K. But if I have $8K to burn, would I ever consider to get a electric bike? I almost sure I won't. I rather get a used Monster, or a new 250... IMO, motorcycle is the symbol of freedom. Motorcycle supposes to be loud and wild (not cruisers kind of loud or wide - sorry, no HD is allowed in this blog :P) Where is the fun when motorcycle doesn't make engine noise? Why I have to limit myself how far I could go? Do I have to wait over-night to charge the battery? I mean.... Brammo doesn't really sounds like a motorcycle to me at all....

There is one thing I want for sure in this picture - the super awesome BMW GS1200R (AKA the biggest dirt bike in the world) quietly sitting in the background... just imagine how far you can go with the GS... all the sudden the Brammo looks like a toy for a 12 yrs old.

Maybe I'm not as green as the electric bike owner; but I ride like a real rider; and I feel proud of how I ride. Ride on!

No comments: