Today I finally have a chance to field test both the Dainese suit and Under Armour Cold Gear under suit. Weather was mild at upper 50s, low wind with overcast sky, and the road is dry at around 6pm... It was a perfect riding condition. After I put everything on, started the engine, and riding down the street - oh man, it was really day and night different between one piece and two pieces suit. First of all, the pressure at my belly was COMPLETELY GONE. Second, thanks to Dainese cutting, I felt like riding naked! The air moves really well inside the suit (almost too much), and I am sure I will need all air movement during the summer months.
Following are what impressed me just after a short 50 miles twisties ride:
- Felt like my suit was my second skin - Dainese cutting was fantastic.
- It was a perfect combination of the Pro suit and my Cold gear under suit - keep me warm without taking space.
- Very comfortable at aggressive riding position.
- A LOT of air movement without feeling cold - it proved the under suit works really well with the outer shell.
- My neck can move freely thanks to the low collar cutting.
- Sliding from left to right feels quicker now.
- Cooling and exhaust grills at the speed hump actually works!
Here are some minor drawbacks:
- Sleeves were a bit long - I wash they were 1/4" to 1/2" shorter.
- It was a tight fitted suit... so there wasn't much room for my man's part. Oh yeah, balls slam tank! No fun!
- No usable storage available inside the suit - so I have to hold my credit card, phone, helmet, key, and gloves... did I mention I try to hold my coffee at the same time too?
- No sitting - the speed hump took over my back! Since speed hump was hollow... I can't really rest on it.
- Forget about walking - felt like a moving condom...
- Did I mention balls slam tank?
Feels like it going to be really hard for me to go back to two pieces suit - maybe in winter months when I actually need the heated vest... Now, the real question is - what I going to do with a closet full of Dainese jackets and pants???