Monday, April 5, 2010

Bike modification update - Rizoma goodies

Just like 'typical' Ducati owners; we replace parts for fun...so this time I focus on the clutch, and the finish up the 'left over' rear reservoir. My old EVR vented pressure plate and clutch cover were both in very nice working order... but then again, replacing parts are like changing cloths.... Anyway, the operation was easy, and it went well without any incident. I replaced the pressure plate bearing too - it was the original bearing and it is time to be replaced.
Rizoma by far still the market leader in motorcycle custom parts - we're talking about super high quality Italian machinery, not something that made cheap in China. Rizoma parts are expensive; but IMO they are the best. Period. And I am a very happy return customer!
Road still a bit wet from the major Easter Sunday storm - really can't wait to take her out for a spin!

9 comments:

stevemcqueen said...

very nice modification alex... your rearsets are..??

Alex Chung said...

Thanks! I have the cheaper Wood Craft rearsets - they are not as nice as the Rizoma; but it's surely strong. It basically acts like second set of frame slider! Don't ask how I know... hahaha..

Thanks for visiting!

stevemcqueen said...

hi alex can I send you a picture of my sportclassic??
I drive on the turns of sardinia island in the mediterranean sea...

Alex Chung said...

Oh sure! Just send me the link to my Gmail account

=)

Unknown said...

Hi Alex, can you tell me what exhaust you're running? I'm getting an '07 next week and that's the first thing to change for me.

cheers.

Alex Chung said...

Alan,

Sorry that I missed your comment. It was the original Ducati Performance parts - Termignoni full system. It is as expensive as the Ohline. Good luck in search!

Unknown said...

Hi, just discovered your blog. Great looking bike, kinda makes me want to keep my bike now, since i've been seriously toying with the idea of trading the 06 Sport 1000 for the 1198. Anyway, i'm curious, what is on your exhaust? The lower part of the pipe that is. I also have the same Termi and was just curious as to what the purpose of the wrapping on the pipe is for. Thanks.

Alex Chung said...

Four words: looks cool, sounds great!

The real reason behind it is eliminate the heat from the rear header during the hot summer ride. The heat is still there but it has been well under controlled after the wrap. It will look silly to have only one header wrapped... so I have to do both. Some people claim power gain after the wrap (since hot air escape faster at the insulated pipes); but personally I don't really care - Sport Classic is for the style; not performance.

I think you will be happier if you can keep your Classic and get a new 1198 - I did it in a similar way (instant of 1198, I have the Streetfighter S) - you will have the best of both worlds.

BTW, make sure you check out my Streetfighter blog...

Good luck, and cheers!

Unknown said...

Very nice indeed, I just love Rizoma Parts I want them all! :)